“To sell something unnecessary, you need to buy something unnecessary,” the hero of the legendary Soviet cartoon used to say. Auctions on the Internet have become an excellent platform for trading strange goods, buyers for which it would be impossible to find without the World Wide Web. We give examples of the most unusual purchases “under the hammer” in the history of auctions.
One of the strangest lots recently left the popular eBay auction. A woman from Iowa purchased a piece of fried chicken, in the structure of which, with the imagination and sufficient practice in examining Rorschach’s spots, one can see the profile of American President Washington. On this perishable “artifact” there was a buyer who did not regret 8.1 thousand US dollars for a nugget. The fried chicken has been kept by the lady since 2009.
But the real record, 28 thousand dollars, was achieved during the bidding for a rotten bitten cheese sandwich, on which you can allegedly see the image of the Virgin Mary. The sandwich was 10 years old at the time of the sale, but it was destined to be almost eternal: GoldenPalace.com, the company that bought the rot, said that the price of moldy organics would rise. After some time, another seller tried to test the demand for food architecture, but the chip in the shape of a seahorse did not cause much excitement. Continue reading
Alexander Zhurba, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Genezis Capital Fund, formulated 100 facts that he learned by the age of 27 about life and business. Recommended reading, it’s worth it.
1. Life and business consist of a large number of boring, boring and banal things, having done that, you suddenly get the very thing that you are not ashamed to give an interview about.
2. People are different, but basically want the same thing. Old Man Maslow was right.
3. Real values are much harder to create than their appearance. For the second, you need only a good PR man and a lot of imagination. The first is usually more complicated – there are numbers.
4. People are lazy. They do not want to think, test and prepare. To finish, lose because of this a lot of things and do it right is more usual than doing it right from the very beginning. Continue reading
We are all in search of how to save money, but we often do not pay attention to the facts of how we thoughtlessly “lower” the tidy sums of money daily. Here are 10 ways to prevent your money from slipping away from you:
1. Determine what you really need to do in your home
Living in their own apartment or house, we often do not leave the feeling that something else needs to be repaired, bought, completed, and there is no end to it. Repair can be done indefinitely – spend uncontrolled amounts of money, while also getting a headache from unnecessary or inappropriate purchases. And as a result, the cranes that needed to be repaired in the first place remain leaking. Take time to sit down and calmly identify the three necessary improvements or purchases at your home. If you didn’t have a flood the other day, such an amount will be enough. Repeat this task in a month. The result in the form of cost savings and the establishment of everyday life will not take long. Continue reading